We are having a problem with VAPRG program starting and ending immediately
on one iseries machine. We have this same code executing on other iseries
machines with no issues.

The iseries having the issue is on V5R3.

The only clue that there is a problem is in the job log. Anyone know why
this "prestart job max use" would be an issue on this machine?

Thanks

Gary

Joblog

CPC1210 Completion 50 07/08/08 16:02:35.632360 QWTPCGET QSYS 0677 QWTPCGET
QSYS 0677

Message . . . . : Prestart job ending due to maximum use.

Cause . . . . . : The number of program start requests that the prestart job

handled was the maximum defined by the MAXUSE parameter on the prestart job

entry in the subsystem description. Recovery . . . : The MAXUSE value can

be changed by the Change Prestart Job Entry (CHGPJE) command if needed.

5722SS1 V5R3M0 040528 Job Log CLOVER 07/08/08 16:02:35 Page 7

Job name . . . . . . . . . . : QZRCSRVS User . . . . . . : QUSER Number . .
. . . . . . . . . : 432783

Job description . . . . . . : QZBSJOBD Library . . . . . : QSYS

MSGID TYPE SEV DATE TIME FROM PGM LIBRARY INST TO PGM LIBRARY INST

CPIAD07 Diagnostic 40 07/08/08 16:02:35.632512 QZBSCOMM QSYS *STMT QZBSCOMM
QSYS *STMT

From module . . . . . . . . : QZBSCOMM

From procedure . . . . . . : SndCPIAD07__Fi

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23

To module . . . . . . . . . : QZBSCOMM

To procedure . . . . . . . : SndCPIAD07__Fi

Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23

Message . . . . : Host server error occurred with reason code 7.

Cause . . . . . : A error with reason code 7 occurred during host server

processing; the reason codes and their meanings are as follows: 1 -- Resolve

to the host server daemon program failed. 2 -- Retrieval of the host server

daemon program lock failed. 3 -- Submit job to start the host server daemon

job failed. 4 -- Allocation of the host server daemon program failed. 5 --

Starting of the host server job failed. 6 -- Ending of the host server

daemon job failed. 7 -- Activation of the host server job failed. 8 --

Processing of exchange random seed request failed. 9 -- Processing of start

server request failed. 10 -- Reallocation of server buffer failed. 11 --

Deallocation of the host server daemon program failed. 12 -- Resolve to the

server specific user space failed. 13 -- Resolve to the trace buffer user

space failed. 14 -- Resolve to the trace buffer user queue failed. 15 --

Read operation from the server specific user space failed. 16 -- Read

operation from the trace buffer user space failed. 17 -- Write to server

specific user space failed. 18 -- Write to server trace buffer space failed.

19 -- Enqueue operation to the trace buffer user queue failed. 99 -- Unknown

processing error occurred. Recovery . . . : Determine the cause of