Tim Gornall wrote:

Thanks to all who made suggestions. The copying of the
RemoteSystemsConnection folder did the trick, I'm back in business. It's a
bit disappointing though, that so many of you have workarounds for when this
application fails.

I don't think of it like that. I like to tinker, and have spent some time poking at the guts of just about every program I ever loaded on a PC.

I have had exactly two problems with WDSCi since installing version 6 several years ago, and one problem was definitely my own fault for killing the update process in the middle while trying to add a 3rd party Eclipse plug-in. The second is a bug newly introduced with 7.0.0.6 regarding user commands.

I find WDSC to be easy to install and very stable in execution. I start it up in the morning and it runs all day long. What issues I have are more akin to feature requests than outright bugs.

Is there a way to delete the original corrupted workspace cleanly?

Just delete the folder tree and it's gone. The workspace is nothing more than a collection of files in a particular directory structure.
--buck