Hi,

I use the "Team Sharing" properties of the RSE to keep a record of
filters and connections. You need a CVS server to work with it, and (if
you make changes to filters/connections that you want to keep safe) you
need to commit the changes every now and then.

I have written a short post before detailing exactly how I got it to
work. I am still confused about *why* some of those steps are required,
but I can assure you that everything works for me if I follow the steps
exactly. When I lose a workspace, or create a new one, I can get most of
the info back just by connecting to the team server and restoring the
info. You can also export some of your general preferences and "Team
project sets" to enable an even quicker setup/restore for new workspaces
with the team sharing method. (File|Export menu.)

The CVS server can store any and all files in an archive. There should
be no reason why you couldn't store a whole workspace on there to start
with. With some minor programming I created a small ANT script to copy
across my Turnover setup and connection details from the CVS server as
well, and I guess you could do something similar with any addons you may
use.

(My previous post with the setup instructions is here:
<http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/200708/msg00189.html>
It details how I setup the team share using a CVS server, but I guess
you could do the same on a SVN server too which - I've heard - is a
better tool to use.)

Best regards,
Paul