OK, bare with me. I found a way that wasn't very easy to explain how to
setup, but isn't too bad and works for me.

Firstly, I set up a key sequence in menu [Window > Preferences | General
Keys > Modify] to "Show View (View: iSeries Error List)" by selecting
"Views" in the Command|Category list, selecting "Show View (View:
iSeries Error List)" in the Command|Name list, and pressing the
"ALT-SHIFT-q" key and then the "e" key in the KeySequence|Name box.
Press OK. This sets the ALT-SHIFT-Q, E key sequence so the error view
will show. (For "ALT-SHIFT-Q, E" you hold down ALT and SHIFT, press "q",
release ALT and SHIFT, and then press "e".)

Next, open your perspective, and make sure you can see the "iSeries
Error List" view (use your new keyboard shortcut). If you right-click
the name of the error list's view you should see a context menu option
called "Fast View". Click it. This will make the view become flexible
and an icon will appear (probably) on your status bar which you can
click to open the iSeries Error List when you want. (Or you can press
the key sequence ALT-SHIFT-Q, E to open the error list.) When the error
list is displayed, you can press CTRL-F7 and you will be returned to the
editor (and the error view should disappear back to the status bar.)

The error list might only appear for a microsecond after a compile, so
you need to use your keyboard shortcut to view it from now on.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Paul