Hello,

I agree with Dave,
with V7, I've very few problems.
I even managed to run it on my celeron laptop without any performance
issue...
I experienced only two major lockups which made me create a new workspace
(and yes, it's frustrating to lose all preferences, connections,.... :
save and restore preferences
seems to be ineffective) : a task "indexing web service..." comes out of
the blue and
makes WDSC hang.
I've seen that an upgrade has fixed this issue, but I never managed to
install any upgrade
since I've built a new computer and reinstalled the original version from
CD. It takes a very long time
to contact upgrade sites, and download everything, and then I always got
an incompatibility message.
Sigh....
And sometimes, clicking too fast while debugging java with websphere make
WDSC hang,
but this is solved easily by killing the tasks and deleting the .lock
file.
Still, the features of WDSC have made me totally abandon SEU.
The benefit wasn't that obvious with RPG III, but since I've been writing
ILE RPGIV,
I've found an IDE fully functional, that I'm very happy to show to young
VB-PHP programmers
who (sigh again) keep in mind that "grand ma's AS/400 is a black and green
character based museum curiosity !

Marie-Line
WMG Informatique

Dave Shaw wrote:

[knock on wood]

In a year and a half, I've had a few performance issues that I've complained
about here on the list and a couple of lockups that were easily cleared.
That's a lot better than my experience with MS Excel, Lotus Notes, Internet
Exploder (shudder), and even Mozilla Firefox. It ain't a /400, but for PC
software it runs all right for me. What's your overall experience with
Windoze like?

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries