And what I really like is that it includes RDi-SOA,

I like the fact that RDi-SOA is included, but if I have the correct
understanding they won't be able to use the machine to host web applications
unless you also purchase the other "unlimited web" user pricing which runs
$4k I believe. Is that correct?

I agree that IBM needs to make money, but they just put a big ol' roadblock
smack dab in the middle of their entry level solution which then raises the
price to almost $13k. Then people say "heck, I can get one heck of a nice
Lintel/Wintel server for $5k!".

I am still trying to find the huge value-add that application server type
Java apps have on the IBM i vs. other platforms being it runs within its own
JVM and isn't really using the full power of the IBM i operating system or
DB2 (though I am less sure on the DB2 standpoint).

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>