I have spoken with Bob Cancilla, IBM's i-Software Evangelist. IBM had a
problem with the packaging. He is mailing me the missing discs.

From: MKirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 2:31 PM

The RDi (2 CDs) should be bundled w/ the HATS CD. Part # CL3FUML

What should I expect to receive as part of my RDi-SOA order? I placed
my order several weeks ago, and these are the CD's I received:

Quick Start for Rational Developer for System i for SOA Construction
v7.1
HATS v7.1 Product Install
RDi for SOA Construction v7.1 Activation Kit CD (just 1 CD)
RBD v7.1 Product Installation (8 discs)
Rational Enterprise Deployment for Windows v7.0.5
5 IBM DB2 discs

I seem to be missing the all important install CDs for RDi. I had
thought that maybe the RDI-SOA Activation Kit CD would "activate" the
System i features in RDB, but no such luck. And the install
instructions specifically state to install RDB, and then install
RDi...

My business partner referred me to the Rational software group, who
have
admitted to me that they know nothing about the System i...

This lonely developer just wants his screen designer and EGL! Has
anyone else had problems getting this ordered?

Bob Cagle
IT Manager
Lynk, Inc.