Buck wrote:
Right. There is exactly zero chance that our web guys will throw out everything they've done in .NET and switch over to EGL. Zero. Any web programming I do that is not .NET will be incompatible with what the web team here uses, and so will be a hobby for me. Fun to do, fun to learn but no benefit to my paid professional career.
I'm going to hop out of this thread right about now. There are shops where RDi and RDI-SOA don't make sense. I can't help that, but that's not an argument against either product. The fact that you are a .NET shop does not make either RDi or EGL bad. The fact that you only want to use codeedit is a personal decision, and that's great. Me, I find RDi to be much better - everything from the search capabiltiies to the outline feature to the content assist all make RDi much better than anything else, and it will only continue to get better.

That's MY opinion. And since we're talking opinions, I'm done.

> But the decision to use RDi or ADTS (both of
which cost the same) is a no-brainer to me.

We will be entitled to 8 seats of ADTS. How many seats of RDi will we be entitled to? My understanding (confirmed several times) is zero. That meant they do not, in fact, cost the same. For the Linux people, will they get a free (as in beer) version of RDi for Linux? All their other software tends to be free...
See my response to Dave Wright. I disagree with the "non-upgrade" policy and I am VERY upset with both George and Todd for not having come through on their promise to provide a low-cost upgrade path for ADTS clients. That's a pure money grab at the expense of loyal customers and it's quite disheartening. Can I be any clearer?

Joe