Some of these things may seem silly, but Outlook is probably the most used
application in my toolbelt and if I am not efficient in it I will drown in
unproductivity (sp). Note I have mostly tried Evolution on Ubuntu to meet
my needs, though I did try Thunderbird/Sunbird once.

- Ability to see other's calendars. This is important for scheduling sales
calls and other meetings.
- Ability to connect to an Exchange server calendar period. I don't believe
Sunbird can do this.
- Salesforce plugin that allows me to easily click on an email and add it to
CRM.
- GoToMeeting plugin that allows me to quickly create meetings and add them
to my calendar (I probably do about 10 to 15 meetings a week via GoToMeeting
for support and sales calls).
- Ease of pasting screen shots into an email (it seemed Evolution always
screwed it up).
- Outlook is less buggy than Evolution (Evolution would keep going to 100%
CPU usage upon creating a new email message in the latest version of Ubuntu
and I had to close and reopen to get rid of it - simply unacceptable)

There's more, but those are the ones I remember. Believe me, I am
desperately trying to go 100% linux, but Outlook just works really well for
me right now.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>