Sure Joe,

I have always modified my library list by using the CHGLIBL command within the user actions feature. I also used some internal commands for creating programs too as user actions. Recently I installed RDi 7.1 and copied the XML over from my WDSCi 7, tried to use the user actions and get the message below. So then I deleted the XML and tried creating a user actions from scratch within RDi with the same result. Very strange...

As for the Data perspective only being in RDI-SOA its bad that the Rational group assumed RPGIV programmers dont need the Data perspective. Can anyone say stored procedure testing and debugging:)

Thanks
Don

Error Text

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDActionSubsystem.doCommandSubstitutions(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDActionSubsystem.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDAsBaseAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Actions release="7.1.1">
<Domain Name="Member" Type="Member">
<Action Collect="False" Enable="True" Name="eProduct22" Prompt="False" Refresh="False" RunEnv="normal" SingleSelection="True">
<FileTypes> ALL</FileTypes>
<Comment>Change library list to 2.2</Comment>
<Command>CHGLIBL LIBL(FRNEMOD022 FRNEPGM022 FRNESRC022 FRNPGM022 FRNDTA0225 FRNSYS022 POSPORT QTEMP QGPL FRNSYSMAN)</Command>
</Action>
</Domain>
</Actions>