Mangavalli, Ramanujam wrote:
Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
1). Open WDSCi. 2). Window prompting for workspace opens up. I hit OK. 3). The splash screen shows up with the progress bar at the bottom and it
says done. 4). A dialog box prompting for a user and password to connect to the 400 is
shown. But I cannot type anything into it. 5). When I try to switch to the window using ALT+TAB and select the Eclipse
icon, the splash screen is shown. 6). No way to enter user id and password and I am stuck.

Yes, this just happened to me recently. I called IBM about it. It took a while to figure out (one problem is that the bug didn't survive zipping and unzipping of the workspace in question).

The solution was as follows (from the developer):
To fix the failing workspace, with WDSC stopped, add this line:
com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.preferences.tableview.restore=false

to the end of this file in the workspace:
.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\ com.ibm.etools.iseries.core.prefs

And then start WDSC.
This is equivalent to the preference: Preferences -> Remote Systems -> iSeries -> Table View -> Un-check 'Re-open to previous state'

This is to be fixed in a future release. I'm on 7.0.0.4.