You might want to run Wireshark and see if you can see what's going on. It ought to tell you where the conversation stops on the 630 as compared to the 610; that might give you enough information to engage IBM.

http://www.wireshark.org/

Joe

Hey All,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I recently recieved two laptops pretty much identically setup from my company. Same make different model Dell D610 vs D630, same VPN, office, spyware, virus program etc. I have both windows firewalls off as well. I run the exact same SEP debugging test and the D630 hangs up and the program wont complete until I force end (close application window) the WDSCi. The 610 SEP works perfectly, what other factors on the laptop could cause communication from the iSeries to the WDSCi to hang. I'm using version 7 with the latest fixes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated since the D610 is for client work while the D630 is for debugging base issues. I can switch them but prefer not since the 630 is newer and better.

Thanks
Don Nitke