Buck wrote:
Tim Gornall wrote:
'm currently on V5R4, and running V6 WDSC. I plan to upgrade to WDSC V7,
but no plans to upgrade the operating system. Can I demo EGL? I've heard
good things, and would like to take a look...

There's some information about EGL in the wiki, including the web page to download a 60 day trial: http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/EGL No idea how RBD 7.1 might coexist with WDSC 6.0.
RBD 7.1 is a standalone product that installs separately from WDSC.

This is probably a good place to really point out IBM's deployment strategy: all of the Rational tools are designed to either install separately, or to "shell share" with other products. In the former case, each time you start a product you'll start a new workspace. With the latter, the tools that share with one another all load in the same workbench.

Now, you can always install every piece separately (WDSC, RBD 7.1, RDi, you name it). If you have enough RAM and so on, you can run them all at the same time in separate workbenches (I'm running two of them right now, along with a beta version of the new web interface). You simply create a new "software package" when you install using Installation Manager.

If you want to install two products together (into the same software package and thus the same workbench), they must be compatible. WDSC is not compatible with RBD 7.1 or with RDi. However, RDB7.1 and RDi, at least the GA versions, should shell share although I haven't tried.

Hope this helps.

Joe