Bill Barnes wrote:
This happens to me at least 2 or 3 times a week. I will switch to the
outline view and RSE takes a nap for about 10 to 15 minutes. I can see
that JAVAW.EXE is running and the CPU number will vary from 45 to 51.
If I leave it alone it will eventually wake back up. If I kill it
through task manager I take the chance of losing some of the work I had
done to the member. If SEU/SDA/RLU did this we would be calling support
and demanding a fix. With RSE I get an email telling me that the
problem can't be duplicated in a future release.

Absolutely, do call support and demand a fix. Just because you once got a 'can't duplicate' response doesn't mean you will always get that response. This is a different error.

For what it's worth, I've never had this sort of thing happen to me, and I have done some pretty bizarre things to my WDSC setup. Do other large Java apps have similar issues? I'm thinking about garbage collection in a memory-constrained machine.
--buck