Buck wrote:
I'm asking for plain information. Where do I find pricing for the current costs (SWMA, license fees?) for the current development environment (ADTS, compilers, WDSC) for 8 developers and 3 non-developers on a P10. And where do I find the equivalent information for V6? Asking for an announcement letter number is just one of those things that has...information in it.
Full details not yet announced. Read my article for the basics. The rough cost is $2600 per developer for either ADTS/ILE or RDi/ILE. You should be entitled to all of your developers; you're right at the edge of P10, so no additional license charges for seats. However, your total license cost, $20800, is roughly double the current $10000 for 5722WDS. This, your SWMA will increase from $2000 to $4160 per year, or roughly $500 per seat per year. I can't help you on i5/OS costs.

Note that there will also probably be a one-time charge to move from ADTS ro RDi, it will be less than $800 and more than zero. Split it right down the middle, you're talking about $3200 for you to move to RDi.

That's all I can tell you, license and terms subject to change, forward looking statements, your mileage may vary. All in all, though, not a terrible updraft. With eight people on a P10, you're one of the ones who gets a kick, but a $2000 kick in the SWMA isn't so bad. Obviously, you'll have your own opinion on that <grin>.

And remember, this includes eight full named licenses for the compiler. Technically, you are only REQUIRED to purchase three seats. If you figured out how to use that to your advantage, you could actually drop your total licensing to $11,800. This is where the whole named/concurrent thing gets a bit ugly, because concurrent licensing on compilers is sort of useless; how many people are really compiling at the same time? Personally, I think they should still tier the compilers, but that's me and it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I apologise if I came across negatively, I'm not trying to be negative. I'm trying to accept the change that has occurred and deal with the ramifications.

Full pricing announcements will come out in April, from what I understand.

Joe