David Wright wrote:
Maybe something has changed that I missed, but I thought that shops with
a current SWMA would get a certain number of seats for free, based on
their tier?

That's correct,. David.

People need to *stop* listening to other people on this list, either pro or con, and instead take ten minutes to do the simple math. Read my article, calculate your SWMA, find out the differences. My guess is that unless you have 10 or more developers, the difference is likely to be less than $1000 a year. And in situations like Nathan's, you may actually pay less.

Honestly, the only people with a real gaping exposure are those who were using WDSC as their primary J2EE development tool (that would be people like me). RDi is not an exposure. Well, unless you had 20 developers on a P05. Then you're in deep doo-doo.

In fact, the real exposure is if IBM says to hell with all us whiners and decides NOT to allow an upgrade from ADTS to RDi. If there's any one thing we all ought to be saying to IBM is that they must provide a clear, simple upgrade path from ADTS to RDi. IBM has said they will, Jon continues to suggest they won't. It is up to you to make it happen, because I'm sure IBM would be just as happy to take your $800 as not.

Joe