From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:50 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Something to read over lunch: Eclipse IDE in thebrowser

Aaron Bartell wrote:
Makes you wonder.. is this the future of RDi? Kinda takes away the need for
a beefed up PC :-) Also, the updating of a programmers machine just got
that much easier as it is all stored in one place for all programmers.

Not sure I follow you. In order to run WDSC/RDi I still need that big
Windows PC. Serving the interface via Jetty takes even more PC.
Theoretically, if I could get my network folks to poke a hole in the
firewall, I could use my browser at home to work with my System i at
work, but I'd still need the Windows PC at work, wouldn't I?

Regarding the web interface, it doesn't like RSE. The editor pane shows
the sequence numbers, so it's like it isn't using the RSE editor. Other
plug-ins act funny too (EclipseWiki).
--buck