Joe et al,

According to this announcement letter http://tinyurl.com/3dsly9, the
new replacement for RBDe is Rational Business Developer 7.1 and appears to
be a stand alone product that no longer requires RAD. Further, it appears
that the RDi - SOA product is just a software bundle that includes both the
RBD 7.1 and RDi V7.1 products.

A significant change to note with these new per seat developer tools is that
the maintenance will now be handled through Passport Advantage. From a cost
standpoint, this means that you will be paying 20% of the list price of each
seat per year for maintenance separate from and in addition to the normal
SWMA charge for your i5/OS and LPPs.
I recently received an invoice from IBM that included a $300/seat
maintenance charge from Passport Advantage for each of our RBDe 7.0 seats.

Joe, you were at the meeting and I wasn't so if you think I'm interpreting
this announcement letter incorrectly, I'll defer to you.

Regards,

BJ