Duane Kehoe wrote:
If IBM did as you suggest below I
think the complaints would decrease and new technology adoption might
actually increase because we would have stability and at least a degree of
certainty. That's all I am asking for a bit of predictability on the
platform, that would improve things drastically and maybe even drive some
innovation(there now I got to use a buzz word today!). And with that said
I will return to my normally scheduled show. Thanks for your insight with
these situations, it is nice having a level headed informed individual who
can at least calm the worried masses.
In my opinion, based on what IBM has said and more importantly what they have done, I think they are sincere in their effort in getting EGL to the System i community. Some people want EGL to be the only language you ever need, but most understand that there is a significant investment in legacy RPG code that they need to support.

They're just having a hard time getting the pricing model in place, and it's going to require input from the field to help them. And that means WRITING TO THEM. I can't express this enough - complaining on a list has far less impact than actually taking the time to write to IBM; even an email from a corporate account is better than a rant on MIDRANGE-L (no offense, Mr. Gibbs!).

Joe