Buck wrote:
Joe Pluta wrote:

From: Buck
Yes, your install works. Vern and Aaron had actual problems. I believe
those problems and the officially sanctioned workaround should not be
suppressed (the current state of affairs).
Nobody is "suppressing" anything. I am really beginning to hate this list.
The tone and demeanor just plain stinks.

I was unable to come up with a better word than suppress. The information was there, now it is not. Suppress was the most neutral word I could find. I would be very happy to get an email helping me find better words and improving my tone and demeanour.
No information is missing. There is a section on "Installation Notes" which points directly to the thread regarding the problem, and it does so without editorializing commentary implying that the tools don't work together.

The tools work together.

There are installation issues.

The Wiki points to a thread where the installation issues of one specific case are spelled out in detail, while people try to further identify exactly what fails when. To date, I have not heard of any installations other than Aaron's that are still not working, and I don't know that Aaron's still isn't working - he didn't bring it up at our meeting when we were sitting in the room with all of the EGL developers.

Personally, I would have been fine with posting the whole of Aaron's problems had the title not implied that WDSC doesn't work with EGL. WDSC and EGL work together just fine most of the time, and any problems seem to be installation issues.

Anyway, if you think that making a distinction between individual cases of a failed installation and a broad-brush definitoin of incompatibility constitutes suppression then we'll simply have to move on, because I don't want to argue definitions anymore.

Joe