Mike,

Have you tried refreshing the design view? You didn't mention what
version of DW you are using, but there are some viewing options and visual
aids settings that might be helpful, (located on the document toolbar).
Also, depending on the version you might be able to go to Edit >
Preferences > General and check the box Use CSS instead of HTML tags. That
setting tells DW to usee CSS for the layout.

Without seeing the page it's kinda hard to troubleshoot, but hopefully
this will help you find a solution.

Dennis

p.s. I just realized you said duplicate it in WDSc so you are probably
talking about viewing in WDSc as well. =)
Only thing I see there is a panel on the lower left corner that allows you
to link a stylesheet. Maybe you need to link it through the panel so WDSc
knows to use it? Or make sure that the stylesheet is within the project
and the path is correct.

message: 3
date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:39:17 -0500
from: "Smith, Mike" <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Looking for a little insight into CSS.

I've been playing around with CSS a little over the last week or so.
I've followed a couple of tutorials that create webpages using CSS.

Now I am trying to dissect our company intranet which is currently
created/modified in Dreamweaver and duplicate it the best I can using
WDSC.

I have a 3 column CSS with a header and a footer. I have things looking
OK- not great, but my real issue is that when I look at it in Design
mode, it doesn't look anything like Preview mode. For instance, I have
an <li> <ul> group in my left column. It shows up there in preview
mode, but when I look at it in design mode it shows in middle column.

For me I suppose its not a huge issue, but if I ever got to the point
where I actually used this website in production and had someone else
maintaining it, It would be extremely difficult.

I hope this makes sense and someone can explain why this is happening.

Thanks

Mike