From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Wilt, Charles
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:06 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Trying to get my arms around this subject-

There really isn't such a thing as an "independent SQL program". In other
words, you won't ever find
an object type *PGM, attribute SQL.

You can create an SQL Stored Procedure, which is I think what you're
really asking about. But the
fact is, the SQL is compiled into a ILE C program.

While you could technically call the compiled ILE C program directly, it
is not recommended. Instead,
simply embed an SQL CALL operation into your SQLRPGLE program like so:

/exec SQL
CALL MY_SQL_PROCEDURE
/end-exec

As far as a manual to learn how to create SQL Stored Procedures (and
Triggers and User Defined
Functions) try the "Stored Procedures, Triggers, and User-Defined
Functions on DB2 Universal Database
for iSeries" REDBOOK

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246503.html?Open

HTH,