I wonder if they could ask Collabnet to update the site to state they are
actively maintaining it? Be a shame to have people NOT use the product
because of that detail being over looked. If you have that email thread
open with their support staff, please mention it. Look at the bottom of
this page to see what I am referencing:
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html

Whenever I am looking for open source software to utilize in a production
environment, the active support for that software (including the
portability) weighs in a lot on my decision. I am curious as to why it is a
"binary build" vs. letting the community have the tooling necessary to
update to the latest Subversion version on their own?

Maybe we should pick up the port as a community to make it safer to adopt
SVN on the System i? I reviewed the make.in and install files VERY briefly
and didn't see reference to System i/i5/iSeries/AS400 which is what you will
sometimes find when Apache tools are ported to the System I (I realize this
isn't Apache, just trying to relate it to other experiences). I am guessing
that is where Softlanding came in and provided benefit.

The other thing the community could develop would be WDSC plugins to easily
sync RPG code with SVN (be it remote or local).

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com