From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: January 2, 2008 12:58 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] If - Else - Endif advise

Dave,

If they don't have SWMA (Software Maintenance Agreements) then they have to pay for an upgrade. Generally, you can pull PTF's and CUME's even without SWMA but an upgrade requires the *SPENDMONEY command.

Pete Helgren

Dave Shaw wrote:
Are they charging for upgrades now? I've been out of the administration side for a number of years, so if I missed something, I apologize. It's just that it always used to be free (or only a nominal media charge) as
long
as you were current on software maintenance.

Before giving up, though, is the cost of the upgrade for just one system prohibitive? As I suggested before, you don't need to install it, either
on
that one system or company wide - just get the media, install WDSCi 7 on
PCs
or server, and then store the boxes somewhere.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Rogerson" <robertrogerson@xxxxxxxxxx>