Vern

From: qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert Rogerson wrote:

8. Re: If - Else - Endif advise (Robert Rogerson)

I spoke to my superior after reading your post and was told that an
upgrade
to V5R4 may cost approximately a million dollars due to the number of
boxes.
As a consolation he did tell me that it was scheduled to upgrade our last
box to V5R2...doh...

The only reason that comes to mind for upgrading to V5R2 now is that it
was ordered back when it was available and V5R3 never was ordered.

Since V5R3 hasn't gone out of marketing yet, I would _strongly_ urge
bypassing V5R2 altogether if it is at all possible. It requires
reviewing Memo to Users and similar docs for both upgrades, and
therefore it can require more preparation.

But that seems far better than upgrading to an unsupported release.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing
list