Mark S. Waterbury skrev den 22-12-2007 00:09:
Hello, Luis and everyone:

CVS and SVN are "source code version control" archival tools. These are NOT "change management" tools. This is why there is no real "work-flow" and no concept of "promotion" (e.g. from WORK to TEST or TEST to PROD, etc.). -- those are features you would find in a true "change management" tool or product.
I would like to hear if there is anyone who can recommend a change management tool which works well with a CVS repository. We have found that we basically need to be able to track which releases are where and at what state. CVS tags alone do not - as you say - work well with the notion of promotions from test to production, but that is what we will need to do if we cannot find a better solution.

Nothing like tracking down the source for a given jar-file from last century, but at least we CAN do it in CVS.