message: 6
date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:54:10 -0500
from: "Wilt, Charles" <WiltC@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] SQL Freeform problem

<snip>
I just got my Beta release of RPGTOOLBOX and it converts all
SQL to Free
Form correctly, it also recognizes SQL variables as being used in the
program. I wonder why IBM hasn't been able to do this?

Bill,

It a simple question of priorities.

WDSCi's main purpose is not conversion of source code.

RPGTOOLBOX's main purpose _IS_ conversion of source code.

Personally, if I had RPGTOOLBOX, I wouldn't be wasting my time screwing
around with IBM's basic
conversion tools.

It'd be easy enough to set up a WDSCi "User action" that would invoke
RPGWIZ on a selected source
member.

Charles

I don't know how to set up a user action. Believe me, if I could use
RPGTOOLBOX as a plugin or whatever I would do it in a heartbeat. Thanks
for the reply, I am going to five Linoma a call and see if tey can offer
some help in doing what you suggest.

Bill