Wiki's are a nice place to exchange information, but there are better venues for actually requesting changes from IBM.
COMMON's requirements process (http://isociety.common.org/ then select the "Requirements" option on the menu bar) is harvested, prioritized, and reviewed by IBM three or four times a year. It, also, provides a means by which you may comment on someone else's request; the more voices in favor the more likely IBM is to give it serious consideration. And, no, one does *not* have to be a member of COMMON to post or comment on a request; you just have to register with iSociety (free). COMMON spent a good deal of resources into reviving and polishing the Requirements process, and additional phases will expand the process further.

And, as been mentioned numerous times before by Rob, you can always submit a DCR (https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm).

The folks in Toronto may or may not read the wiki; they most definitely read the DCR's and Requirements.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Buck wrote:
Joe Pluta wrote:
Nope. The compile preference only goes as far down as the source type. It
is not further saved by individual member.

My recollection of how this worked in the Code/400 days is different. Oh well. Thanks for the sanity check.

I think that request is already
on a list somewhere, but I'm not sure.

This is a good time to once again bring up the idea that IBM make public the
current list of potential WDSC enhancements. Such a list might alleviate
some of the wasted effort and frustration that folks like Buck feel when
they push the envelope of the product.

I don't think that this is pushing the envelope although I would love to see Bugzilla or Sourceforge style requests. For the moment, there's the Wiki at http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/WDSC_enhancements as well as the WDSC blog at http://wdsc.wordpress.com/ I suppose we could always write Sam Palmisano again...
--buck