Aaron, et al,

COMMON maintains a Requirements function via iSociety (http://isociety.common.org/); just select the "Requirements" option on the menu bar. You do not have to be a member of COMMON, but you do have to register (Free!).

The Requirements function was re-written recently, and will probably undergo other enhancements as we get feedback from people. These Requirements are reviewed three or four times a year by IBM and form part of the foundation for their Top Twenty. You can even rate a requirement; you can even reply to a requirement.

You could, for example, enter your list of enhancements; people could add theirs to your list or add comments. The more "traffic" a requirement gets is a clue to IBM that there is more than one person that cares about it.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aaron Bartell wrote:
In fact, what I'd love to see is a list of the top 20 or 30 enhancements
with budget amounts, and then let us tell IBM what we really need like in
the old RPG enhancements days.

That would be very nice to have. I was thinking the same thing the other
day when I posted my lament about RPG and not having access to long table
column names.

Is there some general polling software that we could put somewhere (hint
hint, midrange.com) that would allow us to gain insight to the general
wants/needs of the people on the lists? This would give people not
comfortable with posting opinions the ability to have a voice by selecting
from a list.

Anybody know of a good forum for this?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com