Vernon Hamberg wrote:
Dennis
You don't need EDTLIBL - in RSE go to the library list under objects,
I think, or under libraries, right click and change your library list
there - easy!!
There are many things in WDSC that do what our favorite green
screen commands did - just different.

Vern-

I'm working in a JDE shop.

Those who are familiar with JDE should know that when you select a JDE
environment (if there are multiple environments set up) on the green-screen,
it sets the interactive library list by reading a record in the F0094 file.
The F0094 record has the list of libraries, and the JDE initial program
constructs and executes a CHGLIBL command to set the library list from this
list of libraries.

This information tends to remain static, but it is subject to change, so I
_don't_ set my library list from WDSc, rather I wrote a command named
SETJDELIBL.

This command lets you specify the "environment" name that you want to work
in, and it reads the corresponding record from the F0094 file and sets up
the WDSc library list for the RSE (in the QZRCSRVS job) to match the list of
libraries specified for the given environment. I also added the ability to
specify two additional "developer" libraries in case I want to use any files
or programs located in them...

I execute this command as the initial command when making the RSE
connection...
(Right-click on the RSE Connection, select Subsystems, then click the
iSeries Commands tab)

Example:
SETJDELIBL LLNAME(MC_D) PGMRLIB1(STEVE) POSITION(*AFTER QTEMP)

MC_D is the name of the JDE development environment on our development
machine...

Regards,
Steve