Mark,

I upgraded to v7 on Monday. First the Software Updates in the Help menu item crapped out three or four times before it finally finished (got closer each time I ran it).

Then, the Installation Manager kept crashing. It, too, seemed to get a little closer each time I ran it.

From this distance I don't recall the errors that either process generated. I do remember that the Log files weren't any help to me (probably would have been to a tech support person).

On the plus side. It was worth the pain (though I kept v6 "just in case").

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mark Allen wrote:
I tried it "on the fly" today from the Installation Manager and it made it
about 2/3 thru (judging from the progress bar) befroe crapping out trying to
unzip something (? /samples was the final dir I think..) I'll have to read
and try again tomorrow.