From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:50 PM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC vs SEU

From: DennisRootes@xxxxxxxxxxx

Could someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

Should I not try and run interactive commands? Or is there a better way
to run them without using STRRSESVR?

In my opinion, if you need to use a green screen utility (maybe WRKACTJOB or
whatever) then use an emulator. If you want a GUI for those types of
functions, use iNav.

If you're debugging a green screen program, you use Service Entry Points to
set the initial breakpoint on the program, and then you run it from the
green screen like you normally would. i5/OS traps the call, suspends the
job, and transfers control to WDSC, at which point you can debug it like you
normally would.

It's really the cat's pajamas. <grin>

Some people don't use this because you can't set an SEP on a non-ILE
program. I wonder, though, if you can use an ILE wrapper and then step into
the non-ILE programs. I haven't tried that.

Joe