Unless you plan on retiring in the next few years, using PDM and SEU is
bad plan. If you DO plan on retiring in the next few years, get out of
the
way of the folks who aren't.

Don't I wish! I still have 26 years to go before I can think of retiring
if I want Social Security. And 2 more years after that if I want the
"full" amount! Of course, by that time there won't be a Social Security
so it's a moot point anyway.

I don't see how using PDM and SEU together is a bad plan. I have to have
a green screen session in order to use STRRSESVR so why is using both
"bad"? Yes, I know that IBM isn't putting money into SEU but who cares?
There really isn't much more for them to do with it after all.

Actually, it's not trade secrets, and the biggest point is that it CAN'T
be
done in ten minutes. This isn't some nifty whizbang toy, it's a
development
environment, and you need to be walked through it. What I do in my
session
is walk you through every single step of your day-to-day
routine--logging
on, editing source, compiling and debugging--and show you how to do the
same
things in WDSC. I show you where it's better and also the few places
where
it's worse, and at the end the inevitable conclusion is that for 80% of
what
you do, WDSC is better, for 15% it's far better, and for 5% it's not as
good.

No offense, but you are preaching to the choir. Everyone here on this
list uses WDSc and wants to be more productive using it, myself included.
Unfortunately, most of us don't have the time or money to attend an entire
day's course to learn how to do something that we can already do just fine
in SEU. I don't need rhetoric, I need concrete time-saving examples to
show my cohorts and my boss in order to procure that day off. Management
everywhere has the same thought - "if it ain't broke don't fix it" - and
nobody considers SEU "broke" since you can still program just fine with
it. Maybe if IBM forced the issue, but they won't.

I'm sure that over time, the older SEU-only users will be replaced by
younger programmers who only know how to use GUI IDE's, and eventually SEU
will become extinct. Until then, I, like you, will try to show people how
wonderful WDSc is and hopefully some of them will join us here on this
list. =)