From: Wilt, Charles

Nope, AFAIK not downloading 7.0.0.1. Even if it was, why should that be
in 7.0.0.2?

You want it to be, since you didn't already have 7.0.0.1.

Yeah, but the website says this fixpack will update either 7.0 or 7.0.0.1,
which means it's a cumulative, not an incremental fixpack.

But I sure wouldn't want it in there since I already had it.

IBM does cumes.

In case 1, IM would ask for the CDs since it can't talk to IBM.
In case 2, Packaging Utility would ask for the CDs or the location of the
original 7.0 repository.

This is the part I don't understand. I could see MAYBE getting some
configuration information from the original CD. But why would it need to in
effect re-install 810MB from the original CD, software that for all intents
and purposes is already installed?

It doesn't make sense to me.

The problem is, you're not playing the way IBM expected you to Joe. <grin>

Actually, I'm just checking to make sure there's not a flaw in the IBM
process. I've done a lot of software distribution in my day, and I never
needed to access the original disks.

It's kind of like IBM saying you need your original OS disks in order to
install a PTF. It just doesn't make sense.

If you want to insist on not downloading anything automatically, tell IM
that. Configure it to not access the IBM repositories.

Well, I would have if I'd known to do that. The instructions ought to at
least tell you that. But again, I'm confused as to why I need my initial
installation disks in order to install a fix. This is the only software I
know that works this way.

However, if you have multiple machines, then you really ought to set up
your own local repository
using packaging manager. It's quick and easy and works great. In fact,
you could have set one up
easily in the time we've already spent on this topic.

Again, I'm just trying to make sure the process works as it's supposed to.
Now I want IBM to tell me what those 810MB were.

Joe