Hi Joe,

I'm not too familiar with the Tacit Migration code. As I understand it,
there is a Tacit migration engine included in the Eclipse WTP that can
then be extended by tool vendors. So I presume it could be hanging in any
one of those extensions. I'll try to reproduce the problem and run it
through the debugger (I'll need to debug it in order to figure out what
triggers the task from starting). If you (or anyone) happens to have a
specific project you know is always being migrated and want to send it to
me directly (as a project interchange file) it would make the reproducing
task a lot easier :)

Thanks.

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/21/2007 12:37 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] V7

From: Don Yantzi

Instead of duplicating your workspace, you could just copy the 6.0
workspace to the laptop and use it with 7.0.

Don, that brings up an issue that has been brought up before (including
today <grin>), but for which I just can't seem to find the definitive
answer. I have lots of workspaces that I have dragged with me over the
years, and one or two always give me "Tacit Migration" operations when I
open them.

What is the Tacit Migration and shouldn't it happen only once? And can I
convince WDSC that a given workspace has been migrated and doesn't need to
be migrated again (and again and again)?

Joe