As for the runtime on one PC: yes you can put more than one runtime on the
pc, just don't "install"
all of them. I.e., you can install only one (either full, or compact); but
you can copy another one
(even the full network version) to the local pc, say, into folder
c:\varpg_local (but of course
you have to install the full runtime on a network pc, or any other pc
first), you can then add the
folder (c:\varpg_local\system) to PATH. The applications should be able to
run.

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

i5@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/18/2007 04:35 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] VARPG runtime - local and compact

Not really sure about the answer but if the two runtimes are at the same
level I think you only need to change the path.

HTH
Marco

Is there any way to run some applications with a local runtime and other
applications from the network (compact)? Maybe by flipping a registry
entry?

We have one team with a local install of an application. Some of them
work off of laptops that get taken home where they work from home, so we
can't change those applications to being run off the server (easily).
Is it possible to have two different installations of the runtime on one
PC?

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc.
W5527 State Road 106, P.O. Box 800
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0800
TEL (920) 563-9571 FAX (920) 563-7395
EMAIL kjanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)