I changed the CRTPGM to *EXTENDED and *FULL but got nothing new. How do
I do the command "Add batch compiles to the iSeries Job Status view'? I
got the job status view to come up but I could not find where to add this
feature. Is it in the preferences somewhere?

Al Slezak
Information Systems Division / NEWS Group
Phone: (630) 787-6196
Fax: (630) 860-0326
Albert_Slezak@xxxxxxxxxx
Making the Magic Happen

MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/12/2007 07:35 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Compile issue

The CRTPGM command does not produce an event file and therefore returns no

error listing. You can modify the CRTPGM command to add the parameter
DETAIL(*BASIC)--the default is DETAIL(*NONE). DETAIL(*EXTENDED) and
DETAIL(*FULL) also produce more information--possibly more than you would
care to see. Once you've done the CRTPGM with some detail, it will
produce a spoolfile with information about binding errors, etc. To locate

the spoolfile, I check the option "Add batch compiles to the iSeries Job
Status view'. Then I use SoftLanding's RSE Extensions to view the
spoolfiles from the "iSeries Job Status view" by right-clicking on the job

and then selecting "Spooled Files" from the menu that pops up.

BTW -- I the "iSeries Job Status" view has an option to set an automatic
refresh, but I don't use it. It can really hammer network and server
resources at times. I'll grant that we're on an older box (i.e., AS400
vintage). Using the refresh will also put a lot of *USRSPC objects into
QRPLOBJ. The APIs to populate the view can be set to clear the user
space, but they've been coded to create a new space every time and to
replace the existing space. Hence, some people have really ended up with
a lot of objects in QRPLOBJ. I have seen the view used successfully set
no more frequently than 1 hour.

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Section
The Way International