Folks:

I'm having a devil of a time getting a service entry point set on a
i5/os V5R4 system running in the Japanese language.

I can get the debug server started without a problem ... but when I try
to set the service entry point in WDSC, nothing happens.

Well, almost nothing.

WDSC itself starts slowing down significantly ... as if it's trying to
do something, but can't.

I get no message indicating that the entry point has been set, nothing
shows up in the table view showing the entry points, and the program
doesn't actually stop when the entry point is actually hit.

It gets weirder.

Even though there are no entry points showing in the table view, if I
click on the down arrow, it offers me the ability to clear all entry
points for the system I just set the entry point on.

Also, if I end the debug server, I get a message indicating that
communication required by the service entry point function was dropped
and the service entry points I set would be removed.

Even after all the entry points are removed (either by me or by dropping
the server connection), WDSC remains slow. In addition, WDSC doesn't
seem able to shut down when I exit. The eclipse.exe task remains
running even after I shut down. I end up having to kill the java.exe
task and deleting the lock file.

The system has all the required PTF's (verified the connection).

I'm running WDSC Version: 7.0.0, Build id: 20070202_0031.

My connection to the system is using a security officer profile, so I
should have all the authority I could need. The profile also has a
Japanese CCSID.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

david