From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Don Yantzi
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 1:06 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Issues with WDSCi 7

Hi Kurt,

For #1 and #2, the next time it happens can you please jot down a few
more details and send them to me and/or the list. A few specific things
I'd be interested in (to help us reproduce the problem) are: Are the
members showing under a filter or under a source file? The new member
that was just added, would it have appeared at the top, bottom or in the
middle of the list? Did you delete any members? How did you create the
new member (from the RSE actions, table view actions, save as from
editor, ....)

For updates, there is a preference on the Install / Update preference
page to have the update manager automatically select the mirror sites.
However, as someone else mentioned, you should use the IBM Installation
Manager to search and apply updates to WDSC 7.0.

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries IBM Toronto Lab

"Kurt Anderson" <kjanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by:
wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/23/2007 02:01 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Issues with WDSCi 7

Version: 7.0.0
Build id: 20070202_0030

I've experienced 3 odd things today.

1. I've started creating new source members through the RSE. Works
great. However one time after creating a new member, all the source
members under the filter I was creating it under disappeared. There was
a blank space in the explorer where the members normally were. To get
it to come back I had to refresh the member.

2. Sometimes I cannot double-click open a source member. When that
happens and I right-click the source member, I do not get "Open With" or
"Browse With" as options. I'm not entirely sure when this is happening,
though I have a feeling it happens after I create a new member through
RSE.

3. Today I experienced an issue where all of a sudden a souce I had
open gave a warning before I could save it. When I said replace remote
with my changes, it didn't save. From then on I'd click Save but no
save was happening. If I closed the member and opened it again, I'd
open with pending changes. I'd try and save, but they wouldn't save.
Eventually I disconnected from the server, reconnected, opened the
member up w/o pending changes (pasted my changes in) and then the save
worked.

A critique:
The update manager in WDSCi is killing me. It's taking forever and it
keeps hammering me with mirror site selections (when I don't care what
site it is using). (As I was writing the email, it finally finished,
and gave me an error saying my Shared Package folder was not updatable.)
According to the Install Manager I'm up-to-date, but the WDSCi Update
Manager found some Eclipse updates.

A compliment:
The filter in Windows Preferences is amazing. Thank you!

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc.
W5527 State Road 106, P.O. Box 800