We have an homegrown compile command and, as were creating a plugin to do some other things, I thought I would add the compile command though the com.ibm.etools.system.core.compile exit point instead of having everyone create the definitions for each member type(1).

However, the commands do not appear in the compile menus or Work with Compile Commands. Well, actually, if I launch the test environment through the "Launch Eclipse application" link on the overview page of the plugin, then the command appears on the menu, but only on the second time I go to the menu, the first time it's not there. On a normal launch, it's never there. (I did re-export the plugin and I tried a new workspace.)

The other weird thing is in the sample from the documentation, the <compilecommand> element is all lower case, but in the schema and the code generated by the plugin editor it's <compileCommand>. At one point I had cut and paste the sample and it worked in the test environment as described above, so I manually edited the plugin.xml to have <compilecommand>. Here is an extract of my plugin.xml:

<extension point="com.ibm.etools.systems.core.compile">
<compilecommand
id="com.mycompany.wdsc.compile.rpgle.mycommand"
label="MyCreateRPG"
commandstring="MYCRTOBJ OBJ(&amp;N) LIB(&amp;O) SRCFILE(&amp;L/&amp;F) MBR(&amp;N) /* *EVENTF SRCMBR(&amp;N) */"
subsystemfactoryid="ibm.files400"
typefilter="RPGLE">
</compilecommand>
</extension>

Any ideas?
Thank you and have a nice day.
Thierry.

P.S. (1) It would be nice if the definition of a compile command allowed multiple types and the type would be available as the &T variable.