Whatever version/build that is reported in IM is the correct one. Due to
the extra workload, we
didn't update the build info in the WDSC's Help panel.

If IM cann't find iFix1, yes it's better to download it and apply locally.

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

frank.broome@xxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/31/2007 10:51 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC/WDSC AE v7.0 Fix Pack 2 Interim fix 001 is now
available

Hi,

I am really confused.....about how software updates for this product
works.
One thing is that it changes for each new release......

I have updated my WDSC using IBM Update Manager to 7.0.0.2.
It didn't work using the "normal" way so I had to download the zip files
first.
ut, as I said it worked and IM tells me I am on V 7.0.0.2 (7.0.0.20070611
_0626) for WDSC
And IBM Installation Manager V 1.0.0.4 (1.0.4.I20070606_1027c) on the IM.

However the Help/About information from within WDSC tells me that I am on
one build and the Update Manager tells me that I am on another build.
It would be great if somebody could tell me why there is a difference
between IM and WDSC build information, is my WDSC up to date or not??

And then a second thing, related to this....
Now if I try to update using IM it comes back and says that there are no
new updates!!
It doesn't seem to find the interim fix001 zip file......

Does this mean that I need to manually download this fix??

I saw in some earlier posts that sitting behind a proxy would matter, but
didn't see a solution.... what to do then??!!

Really anxious to get this resolved!!

/Frank