Rob:

Are the libraries which the program being outlined or verified really big
(have lots of objects)?

Have you been using WDSC7 for a while?

If the answer is yes and yes then you have have run into a caching bug.
The work around is fairly simple. Quoting an e-mail from IBM support:

Try clearing all the cache. From the Window menu,
select Preferences. Go to Remote Systems -> File Cache, and press the
Clear button. Also, in preferences, go to Remote Systems -> iSeries ->
Cache, and clear the cache.
Add to this: Then shut down and restart WDSC, to
also clear the cache objects residing in memory.

I also increase the cache allotments from 50mb to 1024mb. This appears to
retard the process

Bill Blalock

Rob Rogerson <rrogerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/12/2007 06:31 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries