Hi James,

What is OS/400 version on your host ?
Can you send me screen capture of your "Java Application in iSeries
Server" launch configuration tabs, ie, screen capture of Main, Run,
Properties, Environment and Debug tab?
There is no need to specify os400.stdin.allowed=0. The remote I/O will
be redirected to WDSC console view for you by the launch process.

Another option you can try is to start your Java application on host
manually, and attach to it from WDSC:
1. In QSH, type command like this :
java -interpret
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=
a_free_port_on_iSeries your_Java_App
Java Application should be started and wait for WDSC client to
attach.

2. Open launch configuration dialog in your WDSC, create a new launch
configuration for type "Remote Java Application". Specify your host name
and the port as the one you specified in step 1. Click "Debug".
Debug session should be started.
Note: This launch type is a general remote Java attach support for
all hosts. The remote I/O will not be redirected to WDSC.

Li Ding
System i AD, IBM Toronto Lab
Email: lding@xxxxxxxxxx

message: 8
date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:47:16 +0100
from: "James O'Sullivan" <josulli4@xxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] starting a Java Application in iSeries Server

Hi all,
have a Java application that normally runs as a batch job on our
iSeries. For debug purposes thought I would try to run it via the Java
Application in iSeries Server option. (Running WDSC V7.0)
I think I have got all the right parameters and properties set, but when
the job starts on the iSeries, it gets so far and then ends with the
following error. The IP Address listed was the address allocated to my
laptop at the time.

To procedure . . . . . . . : RunJava
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 52
Message . . . . : Parameter received by JNI_CreateJavaVM not valid.
Cause . . . . . : JNI_CreateJavaVM received a parameter that is not
valid:
os400.stdin=port:20.42.4.65. Recovery . . . : Correct the parameter
and
submit the request again.
40 02/07/07 18:19:20.177096 QJVAUTLJVM QSYS *STMT
QJVACMDSRV QSYS
From user . . . . . . . . . : JOSULLI4
From module . . . . . . . . : QJVAUTLJVM
From procedure . . . . . . : JvaSendMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 16
To module . . . . . . . . . : QJVACMDSRV
To procedure . . . . . . . : main
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 14
Message . . . . : Unable to complete Java program.
Cause . . . . . : Unable to complete Java program because of reason 2.
The
reason codes are defined as follows: 01 - Class name is not provided.
02 -
Unable to create a Java Virtual Machine. 03 - Unable to find valid
classes

I tried specifying the os400.stdin.allowed=0 property, even thought it
should have already been set to 0, but it didn't make any difference.
Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?
FYI, I did get this to work a long time ago with VisualAge for Java, but
never could get it to work with WDSC.

regards

James O'Sullivan
Senior Technical Consultant