John

Check out this link from IBM to help answer some of your questions in detail
but I will give you the high points here to help narrow it down.

In summary You need to make sure you have installed the updates to your
WDSCi client to put you on version 6.01 of the WebFacing plugin and your
iSeries needs to be on V5R4......so when the answers from IBM below say your
Host application needs to reside on i5/OS V5R4....that means that your RPG
Application or Cobol application needs to be running on an iSeries running
V5R4.

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wdht/about/faq.html

Copied from IBMS site:
Please explain the statement: "WebFaced applications created with WDSC
V6.0.1 that don't leverage the WebFacing extensions don't require WDHT for
deployment."

The extension in the WebFacing Tool referenced here is the on-the-fly
transformation function. If a WebFaced application does not take advantage
of this function, then the customer can deploy that application to
production without WDHT as the runtime enabler (just like WebFacing has been
in the past.) However, if they do take advantage of this function in a
WebFaced application, that application can be deployed, but only 2 users
will be able to connect to it for testing. The customer must purchase WDHT
as the runtime enabler to deploy this application to production (to allow
more than 2 users to connect.)

Do I have to deploy my WDHT application to i5/OS V5R4 to avoid OLTP?

Your host application is the one that needs to reside on i5/OS V5R4 to avoid
OLTP, not your HATS or WebFacing application. Those apps can be deployed to
supported levels of WebSphere running on many operating systems although
pricing and testing favors deployment to iSeries.

What happens if a customer has not yet migrated to i5OS V5R4?

Customers that do not have their host application on a V5R4 can still use
WDHT. However they cannot take advantage of the elimination of OLTP for HATS
applications. The HATS application will connect through the TN server, and
therefore, the host application must be on an enterprise level machine or a
520 with some interactive CPW (i.e. OLTP). WebFacing applications won't be
able to take advantage of the out-of-the-box transformation for 5250
applications and system screens.

Cheri

"Pete Helgren" <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:4672E68F.2080509@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
John,

I won't be able to help you there. We purchased WDHT last summer so I
installed all the components into WDSC. Perhaps Cheri can weigh on that.

Pete

jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Cheri, thank you so much for the straight forward explanation. This has
really helped tremendously.

Last question... I'm currently using WDSCi V 6.0. and I've tried both
HATS
and Webfacing on our Development Box. Our current application has some
system screens built into it that can't be WebFaced. I would like to try
out the combined product (WDHT). As a developer is there WDHT client for
iSeries that I need to get or is there simply an add-on or something for
WDSCi??

John.

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)