the workspaces into it was a bad move.

When I loaded V7, I created a new directory on my PC called WDSC7 and copied my V6 workspace (named WDSC) into it. Then I pointed V7 at WDSC7 and it has simply run. No problems at all - it kept all my filters intact. Very shortly thereafter, I uninstalled V6.

It took long enough to create
them and since the methods of setup changed it could take almost as long
to set new ones up again.

If you have some specific problem we could address, we'd probably try to address it. I can sense your discontent, but I can't really help with it. I'd buy you a beer and a pizza and come on over to sit side by side and go over things if I could though!

The truth is that there are a LOT of SEU users who just won't be very happy with WDSCi. SEU is a very simple editor, no bells, no whistles no colours no macros, no regular expressions, pretty much the EDLIN of System i. I spent many, many years using SEU, and I self-trained myself to do a lot of things within its limitations. Those habits were very difficult to break. I have great sympathy for someone else trying to break those habits and finger memories.

As I stated earlier, I will stay at V6 with
the shortcomings, at least I know where some of the treasures are here.
I'll wait for V8 or retirement which ever comes first. I am betting on
retirement.

You've started to step off the SEU horse and buggy, but the WDSCi bullet train looks a little more complicated to operate. You're right. It is. That's the cost of progress: complexity. Everyone has their own level of comfort, and their own tolerance for change. There's no disgrace in recognising where your personal pain points are.

You're posting here for a reason. If it's to vent a little (no one else at work?), then that's OK - may I suggest putting a notation to that effect in the subject line, or here in the text, so that we can tell you just need to let off some steam? I daresay you aren't the only person on the list who's muttered a few rude words after trying to do something with WDSCi!

If you're looking for help on a particular issue, may I suggest posting some specifics about your problem? For instance, the inability to migrate your workspace from V6 to V7. What exactly stopped you? What did you try? What reference material did you use?

We (the community at large, and that means you, too!) are working on a wiki to help each other do things in WDSC. http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/WDSC It's very raw and very early, but if you have a particular problem, look at the wiki and if you don't see it there, let's try to make a wiki entry that addresses it! The beauty of a wiki is that the entire community (that means you, too!) can participate and edit the entry until all are pleased with it.

--buck