I think this is a known error on some workstations where the JVM shared
memory is somehow corrupted.
To fix it, edit file \program files\ibm\sdp70\eclipse.ini, delete line
"-Xsharedclasses:singleJVM,keep".

V7 has nothing to do with V6 (both of them can be installed on the same
machine).

Thanks.

Chenghui Li
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries,
IBM, Toronto
Phone (905)413-3215, T/L 969-3215
email: chengli@xxxxxxxxxx

Rick Reis <rickreis@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/12/2007 08:37 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Error trying to run WDSI

I am attaching the error I get after numerous attempts to install WSDCi on
a particular workstation. This is the only PC that has given me this
problem. Here are some details.

This PC had remnanats of a previous version of WDSCi. The user had been
using code. This could not be uninstalled completely. By the time I was
asked to help, there was no uninstall through the control panel. The IBM
distributed debugger was in the list of programs, but it would not
uninstall, saying that it was in use by Websphere. (Not V7 which had been
uninstalled for troulbe shooting.) I deleted all the directories and
subdirectories of the old version and rebooted. (No errors so apparently
nothing was trying to use it.)

I then did another install from the CDs; and still come up with same
error.

My guess is that this has something to do with the registry. There is
very little loaded on this machine. It is a Dell latitude D600 running
Windows XP SP2.

The error shows the JVM terminated with Exit code = 1. I hope the other
information will help someone point me in the right direction to fix this.

Thanks!

Have a wonderful day! God Bless! Rick--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)