Hi All;

Last Saturday I posted the following thread:

"I recently went to use the V7 installation Manager

software on my Vista laptop and I got the following

launcher error:

"An error has occurred. See log file with the following

path reference:

C:\ProgramData\IBM\INSTALLATION

MANAGER\pluginState\.Metadata\.log

This path does not exist on my machine.

I decided to attempt to delete and reinstall. Using the

Control Panel Uninstaller against the Installation

Manager, I got a message that I could not uninstall

until I had Uninstalled the software installed by the

Installation Manager. When I attempted to uninstall the

WDSC I got the launcher error described above.

Interestingly WDSC will open and connect.

My question: How do I get this monster off my machine so

that I can try to reinstall it???"

I really did expect to get a response from my fellow "trench

Soldiers" on the list who have implied that I must be in a

"Back to the Future" frame of for even fooling with Vista but

I was hoping that one of the forum listeners at the "Lab" would

have taken pity on me and sent me a clue of where to begin to

get WDSC off my machine so I could reinstall it and try again.

But alas there was no "letter from Garcia". I guess they avoid

Situations where they might lose a little face or maybe I am just

too low on the pole to even bother with.

I have subsequently mapped out the directory tree that I will

Manually have to delete but what I don't have know is what registry

Items I will have to remove. If anyone could help in this area, it would

be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone else get the feeling that in IBM's minds eye that our

primary mission in life is to be their "BETA TESTERs". It certainly

doesn't seem that they are doing much real world testing.

Jack Derham

Direct System, Inc.