No, this means there is some problem for the evaluation of local variable.

Could you please send us your program in a private note? Thanks.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Bruce Collins" <bruce.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/19/2007 03:46 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC 7 Debug Communication Error

That was the issue. I can now debug.

Is this an undocumented feature? <VBG>

Bruce "Hoss" Collins
IT Architect
AAA Cooper Transportation
(334) 836-8438

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you
their problems is the day you have stopped leading them.
They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do
not care. Either case is a failure of leadership." Colin Powell

"Just because no one complains does not mean everything is going well.
They may have just given up hope of getting it fixed."
Bruce Collins

Please close the Variable view before you start your debug session.
Thanks.

Regards,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Bruce Collins" <bruce.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/18/2007 12:08 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC 7 Debug Communication Error

V5R3

Right mouse clicked on the program. Selected Debug(Service Entry).
Selected Set Service entry point. Pressed ok. then call the program
from
command line and BAM. Communications Error.

Bruce "Hoss" Collins
IT Architect
AAA Cooper Transportation
(334) 836-8438

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you
their problems is the day you have stopped leading them.
They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do
not care. Either case is a failure of leadership." Colin Powell

"Just because no one complains does not mean everything is going well.
They may have just given up hope of getting it fixed."
Bruce Collins

Could you give me more details about the steps you used to invoke
debugger?

And please also tell me the OS 400 version number. Thanks.

Regards,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Bruce Collins" <bruce.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/18/2007 10:24 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] WDSC 7 Debug Communication Error

I have been running wdsc 7 for about a month with no issues until
today.
When trying to debug using SEP I get the following. Anyone else have
this problem.

!ENTRY com.ibm.debug.pdt 4 0 2007-05-18 08:55:39.371 !MESSAGE [Read
thread]java.io.EOFException !STACK 0 java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(Unknown
Source)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.debug.internal.epdc.EPDC_Reply.getPacket(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.debug.internal.epdc.EPDC_Reply.decodeReplyStream(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.debug.internal.pdt.model.EPDCReadThread.run(Unknown
Source)

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
(WDSCI-L)