The second part was already answered. The first part. I'm not sure if this
is the best or only solution, but it is how I've been doing it. It made
sense to me, since this was how I had to it before WDSC. WDSC is just
running the same compile commands I would, so it should act the same. How
did you compile these programs in a SEU before?

"James Wood" <jwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/16/2007 08:03 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] I'm just getting started with WDSC/RSE...

I'm just now starting to use RSE in WDSC. I have run into a couple of
issues, one I have "worked around" but there may be a better solution that
am not aware of...the other, I have no clue. I am changing an RPG program
where some of the file names on the 'F' spec do not match the actual DB2
file names. The solution I got from a COMMON speaker was to create a CMD
filter and issue overrides (OVRDBF's). This did not work. When I tried to
validate, I still received errors on those files. So I then created
"dummy"
files with the same names as my RPG file names in a test library on our
iSeries and added that library to the bottom of the library list in WDSC.
This worked, but is it the only/best solution? Second problem: After I
fixed the first problem, when I validated my RPG pgm, I had some field
name
problems with my display file. I changed my display file on the Iseries
and
recompiled it. When I tried to validate again, it did not pick up the
newly
recompiled data definitions..I got the same errors. I ended up getting
completely out of WDSC and restarted it and am still getting the same
result. How do I refresh my data definitions in WDSC to get a valid
validation? I suppose I would have the same problem with physical files
too?

Thank you for your help,

James Wood

Confidentiality Statement: This electronic mail transmission is
confidential, may be privileged and should be read or retained only by the
intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.