From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of bill.blalock@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:11 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Updater error

Hi Dan:

I haven't had a problem like then when I was running WDSc 6

Is your computer behind a firewall? I had to take my laptop home to
update it until I found a patch to the update which allowed it to work
through the firewall.

This is a cut-and-paste of the readme html. I hope it helps!

1.0 Overview
This document describes how to install a downloaded version of IBM(r)
Rational(r) Product Updater Version 6.0.1. This document also links to
instructions that describe how to create a local mirror of your product
update server.

2.0 Installation prerequisites
To download, extract, and install the update from a ZIP file, you will
require 1.2 MB of disk space.

This update contains all previously released interim fixes to the
Rational
Product Updater. Therefore, you do not need to install any prior updates

to the Rational Product Updater before installing this update.

You must have at least one Rational Software Development Platform
desktop
products installed on your system. The Rational Product Updater is
installed automatically along with the first Rational software
development
product that you install.

3.0 Downloading the fix pack for local installations
You should install the update directly from the IBM update server;
however, it is also available for download. You might want to download
and
install the update in the following situations:

You have a slow or unstable Internet connection and want to use a
download
manager that can resume the download.
You have difficulty accessing the live IBM update servers from behind a
firewall.
You prefer to download the update and install it later.

To download and extract the update, complete the following steps:

Download the fix pack from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rationalsdp/updater/60/zips/rpu_601.
zip.

Extract the file rpu_601.zip to a temporary directory, such as C:\temp.

"Dan Pankowski" <dpankowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/20/2007 04:47 PM
Please respond to "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"